Madem Espresso Coffee Roasters Premium Espresso Machine Powder - 500g
Madem Espresso Coffee Roasters Premium Espresso Machine Powder has been developed for use with commercial & domestic espresso machines in the routine maintenance of back flushing and the removal of coffee oil residue and scum on group heads, valves, lines and associated parts.
The Madem Espresso Coffee Roasters brand has a few unique advantages:
1) It doesn't contain filling agents - this means that less chemical can be used for a better clean (as compared to other brands).
2) The higher concentration means less product is used which equates to more cleans per jar.
3) It meets the BFA (Biological Farmer Association) and OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) standards. This means it has a reduced impact on the environment and food products.
BACKFLUSHING METHOD FOR MADEM ESPRESSO COFFEE ROASTERS MACHINE POWDER:
- Insert a blind filter into the group handle and add up to 1/2 a teaspoon of powder.
- Insert portafilter into the group head.
- Activate the brew cycle on the machine for approximately 10 seconds and then stop for 10 seconds. Repeat this 5 times.
- Remove the portafilter and rinse in a stream of running water from the group group. Stop the cycle.
- Insert the portafilter again into the group head and repeat Step 3 without the powder.
- Run 3-4 espresso shots through the group head of the machine to ensure that all residual chemical has been removed and the machine is ready for use.
- During Step 3, you may wish to loosen and re-tighten the portafilter several times to allow the cleaning mixture to work its way up and around the seals and filter screens.
- Use a group head brush afterwards while rinsing the group head to remove additional grinds that may be caught.
- For commercial applications, follow this backflushing method at the end of each day. Backflushing without powder should be carried out several times throughout the day, also.
- Remove screens from the group head on a weekly basis and soak using the Clean Machine powder.
- To soak group handles, add 1/2 a teaspooon of Clean Machine powder into a litre container of hot water and soak group group handles for 20-30 minutes. You can use milk jugs as the container to help clean the jugs as well. Rinse all components thoroughly in fresh water afterwards.